The Garden's Last Bounty and Fresh Fruit of the Season

We have entered into the most beautiful time of year in New England. The sunny, breezy, warm days and cool nights of fall cannot last long enough for me. They refresh your soul and make you feel full of life with energy that never seems to end. Who would not want that feeling to last forever?

Along with this great weather comes the end of our garden and all it's bounty. We have thoroughly enjoyed the fresh vegetables and herbs over the summer. Making so many wonderful meals from the garden to share with family and friends. We are hopeful that we will squeak out a few more weeks before everything is done. At this point we are left with a couple of tomato plants and the herbs. We will savor every last bite of our delicious veggies.

One of the many great things about fall is that the crisp, juicy apples are here! The fresh Macintosh are my absolute favorite - crisp, a bit tart and so good to make all the apple goodies we so love. I have a hard time deciding which dessert I want to create first.....will it be Apple Crisp, Apple Bread, Apple Tart, Apple Pecan Cheesecake? Too many to choose from, but as always the first is fresh Apple Pie with my homemade crust. I can make an apple pie anytime of year, but it's never as good as the one that is made with apples fresh from the tree. One done with several more to go before the end of apple season. Of course if I make too many I will have to live on my treadmill to offset the additional calories.

So I will enjoy every great fall day that comes my way, and fill the house with the aroma of great food from the fresh bounty given to us.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath It All We Are the Same

Palma Nova and Palma de Mallorca, Spain

El Puerto De Santa Maria, Spain