Feeling Unsettled

We all have those times in our lives where we feel unsettled - like we are a ship bouncing on the ocean at the mercy of the waves. We know that something is not as it should be, but really can't put our finger on what that actually is. The truth of the matter is that a combination of many things can feed into that unsettled feeling.

Our children - if they are having difficulties or are unhappy for any reason we worry.
Our grandchildren - if they are sick or having trouble in school we want to fix it.
Our husband/wife/significant other - if they are not happy at work or have health issues we feel their frustration and pain.
Our parents - as they get older we worry about them being alone and their health.
Our brothers and sisters - if their life is in turmoil.
Our good friends - when they or their families are having tough times.
Our finances - when there is not enough money it weighs heavily.
.................and so many other things.

Although I have been feeling a bit unsettled lately, I am very thankful for the last two beautiful fall days. I have taken time to clean out my flower bed and work on the vegetable garden which is coming to the end of it's growing season. Baking in my kitchen with the wonderful aroma coming from the oven. All of these quiet times allow my mind to wander and be at peace. At the end of the day I know that whatever life will bring, I am exactly where I am supposed to be at this moment. And being aware of that settles my soul.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Underneath It All We Are the Same

Palma Nova and Palma de Mallorca, Spain

El Puerto De Santa Maria, Spain