Time with My Daughter

It has been many years since I have had the opportunity to spend any time alone with my oldest daughter. We spend time together with her children, but not just the two of us. This past weekend I had the pleasure of having her company and doing some fun things.

Our first afternoon we went shopping and found a wonderful designer resale shop that had a great selection of gently used clothing. Always fun to see what treasures you can find and many things look like they have never been worn. From there we went window shopping and just enjoyed our time together.

On Saturday my boyfriend took us to Portsmouth, NH and we walked through town and around the waterfront to watch some of the boats coming in and out. We had a wonderful relaxing lunch and wandered a bit more before heading out. On our trip back home we took a detour and went to Flag Hill Winery for a wine and spirit tasting experience. They offer many great wines and distilled spirits. One of my favorites is their General John Stark Vodka which is made from New Hampshire apples. They also make Gin, Rum, Apple Brandy, Grappa, Flavored Liqueurs and White Mountain Moonshine. A fun little stop along the way home.

Sunday morning we got up and had a leisurely breakfast and then went to have pedicures. One of those fun "girl" things that makes you feel pampered even if it is only for a short while. We both knew that this would be the last mom and daughter outing of the weekend before she went back to reality.

It was very nice to spend some quiet time with her and do things that I know she never gets to do in her everyday life with the kids. I enjoyed our peaceful conversations when we walked, and our fun outings. I hope that she went home with some great memories of with mom.

Next I hope that I can have special time with both of my girls.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Do Have Some Control

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

These Hands