A Taste of What's to Come

Today is an absolutely beautiful day - mostly sunny with the temperatures in the upper 60's and a nice breeze. Beautiful for a September day, not for the beginning of August! It is too soon to feel the cold air at night and much too early to have temperatures below 70 during the day.

Fall truly is my favorite time of year, but I am not ready for it yet. There are still many guests coming to enjoy the fun times of summer. Trips to the ocean, rides on the boat, fishing in the lake, cookouts on the back deck and so much more. Too much time to be spent with family and great friends, catching up on old times and making new memories. There never seem to be enough days of summer to fit everything in.

Funny how the time appears to go by so much faster the older we get. My mother has always said this, but I now know what she means. My summers seemed to last for a very long time, or so it seemed, until the last few years. Now when I blink my eyes another month has disappeared, and I feel the need to capture every moment and try to hold them in my memory like a photograph. Try to hold tight to summer so it cannot slip away so quickly.

It will be fall soon and time for kids to return to school, but that all can wait for a while longer. No need to rush things as we still have fun things to do and memories to make. I will savor every precious moment, and the beautiful, warm days yet to come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Do Have Some Control

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

These Hands