All Beached Out

This past Sunday my daughter, two of her friends and my 3 year old granddaughter came over from Vermont to make a last trip to the ocean for the summer. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day and the water was actually warm enough to get into. That in itself is a miracle in New Hampshire at the end of August. With fall on the horizon the water has started cooling down as we get further away from the hot summer days of July.

My granddaughter rode over to the coast with me, and my daughter and her friends followed. Nice quiet time with friends for Mom, and priceless time for me with Natalie. She starts off acting a bit shy, but then before we get too far she is telling me stories and singing to herself. So much fun to hear her precious voice from the back seat. She is definitely her mother's daughter and it brings back memories of when my girls were young.

Natalie had the time of her life playing in the sand building walls to stop the incoming waves. Watching her run out into the water, and then as the waves came rolling in, seeing her run back to the beach screaming and laughing at the same time. Brings such joy to my heart and a smile to my face.

After a few hours she was getting tired, and I was very hot and tired and ready to go home. I packed her up and we headed back to the car for the ride back. On the way I stopped and got chocolate milk shakes for both of us. She really enjoyed it - until she started falling asleep - then I turned to see it going sideways onto the seat of the car. Oh well...I just took it from her and figured I would just clean it up when we got home.

So....that will be my last trip to the ocean for the year. I do love summer and hate to see it slip away, but I can honestly say that I am all beached out. Enough hot sun and sand for this year. I will keep these fond, warm memories through the cold winter and know that I will be looking forward to more of these days once summer rolls around again.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Do Have Some Control

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

These Hands