Never Enough Time

I'm not sure if it is the time of year, my age, or both, but it seems that I never have enough time lately to do all the things I want to do. I start each day with high hopes of accomplishing so many things on the never ending list of things to do. And even though I do get a lot done, the day seems to slip by so quickly.

I believe that as the summer begins to creep by we do get the urge to get things in order so we will be ready for what is to come. Like animals preparing for the winter we scurry around to make sure our "nest" is warm and comfortable. In the midst of doing this time seems to zip by and no sooner than the day has begun, before we know it the sun is going down.

Perhaps part of it is that as I age I realize how quickly time slips away. There are so many things I still want to do and places I want to see. Paris, Italy, Spain and perhaps a cruise down the Rhine - time for just the two of us. Time I want to spend with family, photo albums I want to put together, and quilts I have promised to make. Things I want to do for, or say to my children and grandchildren. Fun times to be had and great words of wisdom and advice I want to share. The promised trip to Disney, outings to brave the cool water and waves of the ocean, and other adventures to embark upon. Bestowing knowledge and encouraging words upon my grandchildren so they know that there is nothing they cannot do.

Never enough time to spend with good friends as we get caught up in the routine of our lives. Always one more project around the house that we add to the list. Hoping all the while that we will get to all of these things one day soon.

As I reflect upon all of this I realize that there truly is never enough time for all we wish to do. The list does not end and our dreams continue to grow as they should. We just need to move forward and do all that we can, appreciate what we do accomplish, and enjoy every moment that we have.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Do Have Some Control

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

These Hands