There's Always Tomorrow

How many times do we tell ourselves we will do something tomorrow? Probably most of us do it more often than we realize.

Too many days we fill our lives with housework, yard work, errands, or other chores on our routine list. However, while we bury our heads in the to do list, we are letting life pass us by.

The following words have flowed from our lips both consciously and subconsciously:
  • I will go visit my mother, father, sister, or brother another day.
  • I have no time to stop and play hide & seek or tag with my children.
  • Next year I will take my grandchildren to see... (fill in the blank).
  • I am too busy to take the day to go sit on the beach and soak up the sun.
  • My spouse/significant other and I can have alone time next week or next month.
  • When I have more time, I will call my friend to catch up on our lives.
  • Maybe tomorrow I will have time to start that book I have wanted to read.
This list could go on forever; funny how we can always find a reason (or excuse) as to why we cannot do the things that are so important. 

Instead of immersing ourselves into things that truly will not matter in the lives of our loved ones, we should take stock of what we want to leave them with. What we leave behind will have a greater impact; the time spent, and the memories made will always stay with them.

Go visit family, play with your children, make sure your grandchildren know you, spend time alone with your spouse/significant other, sit on the beach or read a book, call your friends and let them know they are important. Live life - do not stand on the sidelines and watch it go by.

Someday, when we finally think we have time, the people in our lives may not have time for us. They may be the ones on the proverbial treadmill of life, or they may be gone altogether.

There is a lesson that should be taken away from this; make time for the people you love or in the end, you will find there are no more tomorrows.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Delights - Traditional Greek Salad (Horiatiki/Xoriatiki)

We Do Have Some Control

Another Decade