Guardian Angels

When we think of Guardian Angels, visions of cherub like figures with wings come to mind. Angels from Heaven that watch out for us, and swoop down to help during times of need.

I do believe that these angels exist, and for the most part think they are loved ones who are no longer with us. Always observing to ensure we are safe. It can be just a simple thing to guide us. A couple of years ago I knew that something was off with my car but kept putting off taking it in to be checked. Then I kept getting the brief smell of an auto repair shop (my father was a mechanic), and it hit me. I said, "okay Dad, I'll bring the car in".

There are also Guardian Angels we encounter throughout our lives; seemingly ordinary people who appear when we need them. We may not be aware of their purpose or wonder why they are interacting with us. They may even come and go without our ever knowing they have been there.

Then there are times that we become the Guardian Angel for someone else in need. Think of the chance meetings you may have had with a stranger. Perhaps it wasn't chance, but you were put in their life at that exact moment for a reason. They needed your guidance, or even just a friendly smile that day.

A few kind words spoken to someone feeling alone in the world may tell them they matter; that their presence is noticed and needed. A small anonymous, surprise gift to brighten someone's day can make them believe in humanity again.

Knowing that Guardian Angels are watching over us is a comforting feeling. However, it brings me greater joy to think that I may be someone else's Guardian Angel in their time of need.

If we truly believe they exist, then perhaps the tough times won't seem so overwhelming. We can approach them with the hope and belief that help is with us in the form of Guardian Angels.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Do Have Some Control

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

These Hands