What's for Dinner Tonight?



I love to cook, and I live with an Italian man who loves to eat.  Not sure if this is a great combination or a dangerous one. Guess it depends on what I am cooking. I do not cook fried foods and try to prepare healthy meals as much as possible, but I do love to bake. Nothing better than fresh baked goods if you love your sweets.

Every day he will call me from work and say "here is the most important question of the day, what's for dinner tonight?" Of course I have already told him, but he forgets. Often I will be trying something new which makes him apprehensive, but most of the time he will be happy with the outcome.

When we go out to eat and I like what I have ordered, I will analyze how it was prepared and what ingredients are in it. This way I can go home and try to replicate the recipe. When it comes to food and cooking I have no fear about diving in. Most of the time it is a success, and once I have figured it out I love to share the recipes.

Having said all this I have decided that from time to time my blog will be about "What's for dinner tonight?" Below is the first of many recipes I will share. I hope some of you will try them and let me know what you think.

 
Cajun Chicken & Sausage with Red Beans and Rice
 
6 oz. Andouille Sausage, sliced 
1 Onion, quartered and sliced
2 small bell peppers, sliced
8 oz. cooked chicken cut up
3 scallions, sliced
1 pkg. Carolina Red Beans and Rice
 

1. Prepare Red Beans and Rice as directed.
 
2. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cover and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally until sausage is lightly browned.
 
3. Add peppers and saute 2 minutes. Add chicken and saute until hot.
 
4. Add sausage/chicken mixture to Red Beans and Rice when done. Stir in scallions. Serve with hot sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

We Do Have Some Control

These Hands