Ghost Tours

I live with someone who watches every show on ghosts that he can find. Some I don't mind watching, some have hosts who just love to hear themselves talk, and some just freak me out. When I watch some of these I wonder at times why anyone would continue to stay in a house that is haunted with bad spirits that continuously harass them??? No doubt in my mind I would be gone after the first encounter.

We went on our first ghost tour in Edinburgh, Scotland and it has ruined me for the many more we have taken since that time. The young woman in Scotland was very adept at telling tales to make the hair raise on the back of your neck, taking us through Edinburgh as she spoke. Telling us upon entering one room that all of the torture devices there had actually been used at some point in history - very gruesome. We ended up in the underground tunnels where many were killed in a fire and so it is filled with the trapped souls of those unfortunate people, which certainly would give anyone the creeps. I have never forgotten this little journey.

Since then we have taken ghost tours in Charleston, SC (in the most hot, humid weather of the summer). Next was Williamsburg, VA (also very hot & humid and at the end of a 12 hour driving day). Although they had some interesting stories, both of these left a bit to be desired. Next was Savannah, GA which was much more entertaining with interesting tales as we visited graveyards and other sites along the way.

In between we also went to Eastern State Penitentiary for their Halloween Haunted House. Now...this was done large scale and done very well. I would not let go of his hand the entire time we were in there and was glad to be out by the end. My daughters would love this. I know at some point he will want to go back and do a tour of the prison as it is supposed to be one of the most haunted.

Our latest was the Ghost and Graveyards Tour in Boston. We visited several graveyards and heard tales of the many things that have taken place there, along with many other stories from Boston's history including the infamous Boston Strangler. Our tour guide was very animated and enthusiastic which made for a fun tour.

I'm sure that in the years to come we will take many more of these tours. I only hope that I never get on that one tour where we actually see a ghost. That would be the last one I take!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Disappointing Halloween Ever

We Do Have Some Control

These Hands