Cherishing Some Peace

Morning arrives with hope in my heart,
for moments of silence and peace.
The sun peeks through the curtains,
giving a hint of the new day ahead.

For a time there is silence,
as I remain still not making a sound.
If I don't break this precious gift,
perhaps it will stay for a while.

The only welcome sound with light,
is the singing of birds as they awaken.
Every now and then a Loon chimes in,
serenading me with a haunting sound.

Once I stir and leave my refuge,
the spell is broken once again.
The daily routine begins once more,
like a buzzing in my head.

All around me sounds enter my ears,
with no way to block the commotion.
I wonder how others can easily accept,
the chaos of what it brings.

This busy day will come to an end,
and the noise will eventually subside.
Once again, I will escape to my refuge,
for a welcome night of silence and peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Delights - Traditional Greek Salad (Horiatiki/Xoriatiki)

We Do Have Some Control

Another Decade